May 3 & 4, 2014 - 10am - 6pm Both Days
Third Street Promenade & Downtown, Santa Monica
Open To The Public
BritWeek takes over the Third Street Promenade to host an exciting festival celebrating all things British.
- Preview the new F-TYPE Coupe from Jaguar
- Get red carpet ready with a mini-makeover from Boots
- Meet the famous British gecko from GEICO
- Take your pup for a stroll down Walkers Shortbread doggy red carpet
- Travel to London with The Times of London and get your picture on the front page of the iconic British newspaper.
- Discover Scottish heritage and tradition with St. Andrew's Society
- Live Street Art from Man One and other leading UK and Los Angeles street artists
- Clan Currie Harp Glen
Come celebrate the 450th anniversary of William Shakespeare with exciting performances, music and dance, children's workshops and costumes for dress-up, and more.
And come to our stage for an exciting line-up of performances:
Saturday May 3rd (10am – 6pm)
10:00 am - Hidden Fifth
10:35 am – Susan Winsberg
11:20 am – Scottish Fiddlers of Los Angeles & The Aedan Macdonnell Quartet
12:30 pm – Welcome Remarks
12:30 pm - Celebrities Perform A Selection Of Britweek's Shakespeare, Music, & Love
2:30 pm - Desi Valentine
3:30 pm – Inner City Shakespeare
4:00 pm – Independent Shakespeare Company
5:00 pm – The City Shakespeare Co.
Sunday May 4th (10am – 6pm)
11:00 am – Scottish Fiddlers of Los Angeles & The Aedan Macdonnell Quartet
12:00 pm – Parade (Pipers & Drummers)
12:30 pm – Welcome Remarks
12:45 pm – Irish School of Dance (Step Dancers)
1:35 pm - Scottish Fiddlers of Los Angeles & The Aedan Macdonnell Quartet
2:30 pm – Desi Valentine
3:30 pm – Wild Wood Morris Dancers
4:20 pm - Rising Phoenix Morris
5:00 pm – Luke Barham
- Feb 16Breakfast Forum on International Trade since Brexit
- Feb 16BritWeek @ Piano Slam 9 with British Poet Roger Robinson
- Feb 17A Great British Weekend VIP, Sponsor and Partner Red Carpet
- Feb 17FIU Jean Monnet Center of Excellence Transatlantic Trade Conference
- Feb 18A Great British Weekend Miami Service Jam
- Feb 18BritWeek at Brickell City Center Celebrating British Luxury Brands
- Feb 18Midnight Madness Screening of Life of Brian
- Feb 19A Celebration of British Street Artists with Street Art for Mankind
- Mar 03BritWeek @ the Miami Film Festival with "Tommy's Honour"
- Mar 05BritWeek @ the Miami Film Festival with "Their Finest"
- Mar 09Ocean Science with ANGARI Foundation and the International Economic Forum of the Americas
- Mar 10“A Night of the Proms” celebrating British composers
- Mar 11BritWeek @ Brickell City Center Celebrating British Luxury Brands
- Mar 13BritWeek with The Royal Scottish National Orchestra
- Mar 19BritWeek @ MISO Love & Betrayal with British Double Bassist Chi-Chi Nwanoku